Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stillhouse Hollow fishing report 07/07/09

June was one of the best months for giant bass on Stillhouse. I was catching big fish on creek channel drops from 23 to 35 foot deep using a Carolina rig. On the 5Th of June my clients and I put together a 46 pound (5) fish stringer. My clients and I on the 6Th of June followed this up with a 43 pound stringer. The following week we managed a 39 pound stringer. This was the good news, the bad news is these deep fish have moved for the most part, there is a lot of schooling fish and some quality fish mixed in with the schoolers. As for the grass there are areas that have the grass coming back, spotty at best but grass none the less. I have pulled up 8 foot strands of grass and I am looking forward to continued growth this summer and the fish will then move back into this grass. As for now fishing i just plain tuff of Stillhouse again. There are a few spots holding fish in 16 to 20 foot up towards the bridge. The deep main lake fish can still be caught but do not expect to load the boat, you just need to stick to the points and channel bends and slow down. Good Luck

WayPoint Guide Service and WayPoint Markers . com

waypointguideservice.com

waypointmarkers.com

No comments: